Knapp Branch, named after Elisabeth Knapp, the first chief of the Detroit Public Library’s Children’s Department, opened to the public on October 3, 1950. The branch today serves a diverse population including a large community of immigrants.
The library’s collection includes books, DVDs, music CDs, and audiobooks. The library provides local newspapers and subscribes to several popular magazines for both adults and children. There is a collection of books in the Bengali language as well as a collection of books of interest to our Bangladeshi community.
Meeting Rooms/Space Rentals
No private meeting rooms available.