An adult learning center - our welcoming point for customers in need of computer skills, literacy, or employment information.
Twenty-nine untimed computers are available in the TLC public room and twenty untimed computers are available in the TLC classroom area.
Who is eligible to use the TLC Center
To qualify for TLC Center computer use, at least 80% of your time needs to be spent on any combination of the following:
- Job search or career and employment activities
- Literacy improvement
- GED or other test prep activities
- Computer skills building (with voucher issued for library computer skills class attendance)
- FAFSA or other student financial aid applications
- Proctoring services by library staff (appointment required)
- Completion of various social service benefits forms
As space in the TLC allows
- Keyboarding school assignments
- Participating in online classes or webcasts
Time limits will be enforced should they become necessary.
Circulating Book Materials
Books for new and intermediate readers, test prep, careers and job search, computer software manuals.
- Computer Skills Classes 
- DETROIT READS! Learn to Read and Improve Reading Skills 
- Career and Employment Assistance 
Technology, Literacy and Career (TLC) Center
Detroit Public Library
5201 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48202
Phone: (313) 481-1363 or (313) 481-1365
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 
Tuesday-Wednesday, Noon - 8 p.m.; Thursday-Saturday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.; Sunday-Monday, CLOSED.
Metered street parking on Cass, Woodward, Putnam and Kirby Avenues. Free parking in the lot on the south side of the Main Library, all day on Saturdays and from 6-8 pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Lot is accessible from Putnam Avenue via Cass Avenue. Customers must then use either the Cass or the Woodward entrance.
The DDOT Woodward Avenue bus stops at Woodward and Kirby. The DDOT Dexter bus stops in front of the Cass entrance. The DDOT Crosstown bus stops on Warren Avenue between Woodward and Cass, one block north of the Main Library.